Antwerp Management School and BVBVK launched a master project titled:“Strategic Business Model for the Belgian Cold Storage Industry” - Study from the current status towards the strategic destination, where the new transient competitive advantage will become effective.
On behalf of the BVBVK (The Belgian Cold Storage Association), two master students of Antwerp Management School will build a strategic road map for the Belgian Cold Storage Industry under the guidance of Professor Dr. Alex Van Breedam.
This project is mainly focused on identifying the trends, challenges and customer expectations in the Belgian cold storage industry. The modern cold storage challenge centers on the transition from simple pallet-in, pallet-out operations to increased case handling, value-added services and meeting the various demands of customers and their clients.
So, the aim of the project is to identify the future trends and challenges of the Belgian Cold Storage Industry with respect to customers’ current needs and their future expectations, and also to analyze the adaptation level of BVBVK with the current market trends.
With this analysis, the students shall propose a strategic road map for BVBVK and its members, in order to be in line with the future market trends and to deliver optimum service to their customers.
Approach: (Desk Research+ Interview with BVBVK members and customersclients from the industry, the retail and wholesale sector )
- Identify current trends & challenges in the Belgian cold storage industry and how the BVBVK members are handling those problems and find how adaptive they are towards the emerging trends in the industry in terms of technology and customer’s changing behavior.
- Analyze how their current business strategies work and identify their potential strengths and how well these strengths are used against the current challenges.
- Analyze their customer’s current needs and problems they are facing during the cold chain operations; also ask them about their expectations/possible improvements from BVBVK.
- Gap analysis of future trends & customer needs with BVBVK current capabilities.
- Derive Strategic Road map to the Future
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via email or phone numbers below.
Mangayarkarasi Nagamani – Masters in Global Supply Chain Management
Xi Huang – Masters in Global Supply Chain Management
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +32 483038230
© BVBVK – Belgian Logistic Association of Coldstores